Individual counseling consists of one-on-one sessions with a licensed clinician or associate clinician. Individual counseling provides an opportunity to receive support and experience growth during challenging times in life.
In couples counseling, the couple is the client. It offers a chance for people who are in a romantic/intimate relationship to gain insight into their relationship, resolve conflict & improve overall relationship satisfaction.
In family therapy, the family is the client and addresses specific issues that affect the health and functioning of a family system. It can be useful to navigate a major transition, learn new ways to communicate/function effectively as a unit or navigate a difficult period.
Led by a facilitator & clinically focused, group counseling allow members the opportunity to discuss & explore problems with one another. These sessions provide a safe place to share similar experiences with other people.
Usually member-led and not clinically focused, support groups provide an opportunity for people to share feelings and firsthand information about their shared experiences. Support groups offer a place for empowerment and skill-building.
Clinical supervision is a relationship-based education and training program, in which approved supervisors provide support and feedback on the supervisee’s clinical performance, incorporating an evaluative component. Individual & group supervision is available on a weekly/bi-weekly basis depending on caseload.
We all go through stressful situations and experience some level of emotional distress from time to time (think mood swings, anxiety, stress, etc.) Generally, we’re able to bounce back and feel “normal”. But sometimes we need some help to figure things out and “bounce back”. Maybe you’re feeling low, stuck or like your energy levels are on ’empty’ and you can’t seem to get ‘unstuck’. Maybe you’re recognizing some negative patterns in your lifestyle that you can’t break out of. Sometimes the signs are obvious, other times they’re not.
Generally, counseling might be a good fit if you recognize any or all of these:
- difficulty managing your emotions;
- you’re not performing very well at school or work;
- your sleep or appetite is noticeably decreased or increased;
- your relationships are suffering;
- you no longer enjoy things that were once enjoyable;
- you’ve been through recent traumatic experiences;
- you’ve recently lost someone or something important to you; and/or
- you want to improve your life and don’t know where to start.
If you’ve gone through this list, and you’re still not sure, connect with us, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set up a consultation to determine if counseling is right for you.
Your privacy is important to us, and we believe that counseling is most effective when clients are comfortable speaking openly with their counselor. No information about your contact with Greater Changes is available to anyone outside of our agency without your written permission.
There are certain exception to confidentiality, which include:
- If you pose a threat of harm to yourself, to another person, or to the community, we will take whatever steps are required by law, or permitted by law, to help prevent the potential harm from happening. (This may include contacting your emergency contact indicated by you on your intake paperwork);
- If you report information indicating that a child, disabled, or elderly person is suffering abuse or neglect
You have two options in requesting an appointment:
- Online request : you can utilize our online booking feature to select a clinician, request a day and time and submit contact information. You will receive confirmation of your appointment via email once your counselor has reviewed your request. You will then be sent intake paperwork via email to be completed utilizing our secure client portal.
- Phone/Email: you can call our clinical coordinator Tamara at 340-277-3079 (USVI) or 407-454-7343 (Florida) or email us at email@example.com. You will be matched to a counselor, and your appointment will be scheduled. You will receive email confirmation of your scheduled appointment. You will then be sent intake paperwork via email to be completed utilizing our secure client portal.
Through audio and video over the internet, you can meet with your clinician on-the-go from your desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device (iOS or Android)—it’s your choice! We utilize a secure, HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform (SimplePractice). We can also provide phone sessions with clients who are unable to utilize a computer or mobile device. Telehealth allows us to connect anywhere with secure and convenient appointments that save you time and hassle. There’s no need to deal with traffic when you can schedule and attend your appointments directly from a laptop or mobile device.
In general, you’ll find that the cost of counseling varies between professionals based on level of experience, education and licensure. We understand that counseling is an investment, and we offer options to make counseling accessible and affordable.
Our standard out-of-pocket rates for virtual counseling services are as follows:
- Individual Counseling: $100 per session
- Couple’s/Family Counseling: $120 per session
- Group Counseling: $35 per session
- Clinical Supervision (Individual): $65 per session
- Clinical Supervision (Group): $45 per session
We work with insurance companies on a case-by-case basis. Some of our clinicians are independently credentialed with major insurance panels. You may utilize in-network or out-of-network insurance benefits, if insured, and we are open to discussing insurance coverage, benefits, payment and fees with you. We also offer sliding scale rates for individuals who qualify, on a case by case basis. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In consideration of both your clinician and availability of open time slots for other clients, we ask that you provide your counselor no less than a 24-hour notice of intent to cancel. Failure to do so will result in being charged a missed session fee at the full session rate. Of course, we do understand that emergencies do happen and are able to make exceptions on a case-by-case basis.